Saturday, August 07, 2010

Some cool rat rods, from the dedicated Tumbler... Rat Rods Rule!

Doesn't that make you smile?

Must be owned by a diver, or a really innovative customizer

What better way to show pedestrians where the bus stop is?
See a gallery of the above South carolina prison bus rat rod at John's: http://oleragtop.blogspot.com/2009/11/yeah-turkey-rod-run-is-coming-this.html

The above green car... looks like a new idea in rat rods, take a newer than 1960 vehicle and made a rat rod from it by getting rid of all the body work forward of the firewall. This one looks like a Buick, but I can't recall the model
I don't think I've ever seen a rod quite like this, unless you count the early dragsters from the 50's that were using a long wheel base chassis to set back the body for weight transfer to aid traction.

Wow. I think I posted a photo of this one before, I think it's a Seagrave roadster ... how cool are the various cans to the back of the gas tank?!

1 comment:

  1. Jesse: I spotted that prison bus at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona Beach last year!!

    http://oleragtop.blogspot.com/2009/11/yeah-turkey-rod-run-is-coming-this.html

    ReplyDelete