Monday, November 22, 2010

If you ever run out of gas, beware. The Shell gas station at Laurel and Pacific Coast hwy (San Diego) charges 15 bucks for a 2 gallon gas can

why is it marked up so much at the Shell station? To make an obscene profit off your misery and desperation. That pisses me off.

This gas can costs 8 bucks online http://www.drillspot.com/products/573120/midwest_can_company_2300_2gal6oz_red_plasgascan so I recommend not giving your patronage to Shell to protest this outrage.

I was there to grab a coke. Those are priced the same as everywhere else, because we'd never put up with paying 2wice the normal price for a Coke, we aren't desperate for a 200%marked up Coke.

Hope you don't mind me venting, I'll have something entertaining posted soon, but every now and then a public service message to help you all out is not a bad thing.

Instead of paying 15 for the gas can, and then 30 cents a gallon more than all the other gas stations in town that aren't located next to the airport, call a friend for help. Your friends like to help you out when you are in a jam, and you'd like to owe them a favor anyway.

1 comment:

  1. A couple years ago I ran out of gas in my hot rod (no fuel gauge!)
    going north on the 101 by calabasas in the middle of the night.
    I had to walk up to the gas station,
    kinda hoping for a cool attendant with a loaner can.
    Of course the can was like 15 bucks.
    I had to get it and a gallon of gas but will never go there again!
    TP

    ReplyDelete