Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Car and Driver Magazine tried to interview John Force, a for effort, but they only got 8 words out, and John took the reins!



C/D: Well, um . . .

JF: I’m no young chicken. But I live in the gym every other day. Since that crash in ’07. That was the same year that we lost Eric [Medlen] when he died in a crash at Gainesville. And then we realized we have chassis problems. And I got into the business, building chassis. And here I am today. We got that up and running and our motor program is up and running and it’s time for us to get back to winning championships. I won in 2010. And right now Robert Hight and myself and Courtney are all fighting in the Countdown with four races left, and we’ve got a shot at that title.

C/D: So . . .

JF: Look at NASCAR: Those guys at my age, they all retired 10 years ago. And it’s not like I need to be on fire out there for three or four hours. I have to have the energy to react to that tree. That’s where the race is won or lost, on that start line. If you’ve got a good race car. And I always said I could drive these cars blindfolded. And nobody, in the history of this sport, has made as many runs as John Force has. I’m just starting to get good at it. I say I’m just getting started. It’s what I love to do. I’m a road warrior; I love the road. I don’t know how to go home. I’ve been gone so many years, and now my kids, my wife, everybody is out here with me. All my girls are part of John Force Racing.

See what I mean? It's a good read though, and fans of John Force will get a kick out of this. The full article at http://www.caranddriver.com/features/what-id-do-differently-john-force-interview

No comments:

Post a Comment