Friday, March 27, 2015

I had an idea, that my blog is often on the Google 1st page results.Looks like it's just my computer getting these results from Google. Damn. I was going to use this on my resume!


It's always been a big deal for an event to get on the newspaper 1st page, above the fold. Failing that, to get on the 1st page below the fold...

So pardon my astonishment, and fast happy dance, for checking to see what car terms result in my making it onto the 1st page of Google results. I'm above the fold on the word Mustang, Ferrari, Hot Rod, Challenger, Chrysler, Jalopnik, Nissan


Chevelle, Camaro, Z/28, Corvette, IROC, LeMans, Le Mans, Ford, Buick, Cadillac, Viper, Barrett Jackson, Bentley, Maserati, New York Times, Plymouth, Barracuda, Charger, Model T, Civic, SRT. Mopar, Chevy, Petrolicious, Hemmings, Edmunds, Fiat, Mini, Vovlo

and even Hot Rod



What is strange, is that I've never done SEO, or paid or gotten free SEO (search engine optimization) so, is SEO all bullshit? Obviously I did something to beat a billion other websites to the front of the search results. It wasn't meta data, key words, or tricky sneaky computer stuff. I think either the way the results get displayed is not what all the unsolicited SEO spam emails I get every week are telling everyone, or having kept my site online since 2006 might boost my result ahead of websites that haven't been online as long.

Or maybe, it's just that everyone who pays Google to get advertising on the Google search result page for key words is wasting their money 

2 comments:

  1. It might just be your computer. I searched on some of those terms, and I didn't see your blog on the first page. Maybe Google knows if you are logged onto blogspot.

    Sorry to be a downer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn... yup. That's probably it.

      Delete